This page contains all versions of my book The Power of Oracle SQL (rus).
Published title Oracle SQL Revealed (eng).
- Version 1.0 (download pdf)
Only first part of the book.
- Version 1.1 (download pdf)
Both parts. Subsections are listed in the contents as well as chapters.
A number of corrections has been made after feedbacks regarding the first part.
Some changes in compare to Russian version:
- First chapter was thoroughly refactored in order to make it easier to read. It has a huge number of examples and they have been structured a bit better.
- New chapter “Aggregate Functions” (it also includes information about pivoting/unpivoting).
- Some details about performance and internal implementation were added regarding pattern matching.
- Chapter “Logical Execution Order of Query Clauses” was completely reworked. In Russian version it contains a few inaccuracies which may lead to wrong conclusions.
- Solutions for a few of quizzes have been improved or changed. In particular, for Ordering Dependencies and Resemblance Group.
- Some new approaches have been introduced, for instance, for Zeckendorf Representation, etc.